This Guide covers how to install the Priority Cards app and connect it to one of your existing boards that uses a Numbers column for the scores.
First, install the App
Account Admin Priviledges Required to Install
Please note that you must be an account admin in your monday.com account in order to install new Apps.
1) Navigate to the Marketplace from your Profile icon.
2) Use the Search box in the middle of the page to find Priority Cards
3) Click on the app listing to visit the Priority Cards detail page. Click on the Install App button
4) Navigate to the Marketplace from your Profile icon.
5) Use the Search box in the middle of the page to find Priority Cards
6) Click on the app listing to visit the Priority Cards detail page. Click on the Install App button
7) On the next screen, click on Install
8) You will see the App listed in your account under Admin > Apps as shown here.
Next, add Priority Cards as a view on your board.
Priority Cards allows you to explore, rate and visualize your work as flexible mini-cards. Each card has a small box at the lower left we call the Score Badge.
It is a "Priority Score" number that represents the ranked value of that particular item.
In the example below, we see cards with scores of 11,10,7 and 5.
As a reminder, this Install Guide covers the Numbers column option.
Read this other Guide instead if you have a monday.com Pro or Enterprise account and prefer to use a Formula column for your Priority Scores:
9) Make sure your board has a Numbers column, then go to the View dropdown on your board.
Click on Add View > Apps
10) Use the search box to find the Priority Cards app and then hover and click on Add View.
11) You will be taken to the new Priority Cards view. You will probably see cards like this with all zero score badges.
12) Now click on Settings and let Priority Cards know where to find your numerical scores.
You should now see numbers populate in the lower left Score Badges, like so:
13) Score Completion Columns:
Next, we have to let Priority Cards know when a Priority Score number is complete.
Or in other words: Has the Item been ranked/scored for everything that matters to you?
When a score is considered complete, the Score Badge will turn green.
There are two ways you can configure this:
- Select the relevant Status columns in the Priority Cards settings. When all of those Status columns are considered "Done", the Score Badge for that card will turn green.
- Use a Progress column to track if all the relevant Status columns are completed. When the Progress column displays 100%, the Score Badge for that card will turn green.
Choose your method and then follow the appropriate instructions below.
METHOD A: Select the relevant Status columns in the Priority Cards settings.
Check the boxes next to the relevant Status columns.
If you have already configured your Status columns to have "Done" settings ( as shown here in the monday.com documentation ), then you're all set.
However, if you don't want to bother to configure your Status columns one by one with "Done" settings, we include a quick override setting.
Use the checkbox as shown in the screenshot below to treat ANY selected label in each Status column as "Done". Easy!
METHOD B: Select a fully configured Progress column.
Priority Cards will then use the Progress column to determine when a Priority Score is 100% complete (green Score Badge) or incomplete (white badge).
If you aren't sure how a Progress column works, check out this monday.com documentation .
You now have Priority Cards connected to your monday.com board, with working Score Badges.
Now you're ready to explore the rest of the Priority Cards features and settings.
The Step by Step - Click on any link to jump ahead.
- No labels