Plugin Parameters include:
- Initial Starting Page link for Kiosk
- Session string that is inserted on that page and must be present in order to reach restricted pages on the Kiosk
- Blocked pages for Kiosk users
- Blocked components for Kiosk users
- Restricted pages in VirtueMart that can only be reached via the Kiosk (session string must be present)
- Redirection link for when a blocked component or page is attempted
- Message to display to user when a blocked component or page is attempted
- Thank you page for VirtueMart purchases (if applicable)
Compatibility: Joomla 1.5.x native only
This plugin, with configuration and/or minor customization, is capable of working with virtually any Joomla! component. However, it has been built specifically to support the creation of custom payment kiosks utilizing VirtueMart 1.1.x
The Quick Kiosk extension does not include VirtueMart. You must separately install and configure your VirtueMart shopping cart in order to utilize VirtueMart features of this extension.
If you are going to use a standard laptop or PC as your Joomla-based kiosk or demo station, don't forget to do the following:
1. Ensure printer is set to be the default printer for each station
2. Turn off password saving in browser to protect your users from accidentally exposing their passwords to subsequent users!
3. Shut off PC screen saver so people don’t have to log in to the PC if it times out
4. Shut off the security notification in the browser for secured and unsecured content ("mixed" content) appearing on same page. This will avoid annoying popup warnings (assuming that you are using SSL on only certain VirtueMart pages and not your entire site).
5. Set the browser homepage to be the Onsite Start Page. This should be the same link as listed in your Quick Kiosk Plugin parameters for "Initial Starting Page".
6. Enable browser cookies
7. And last but not least, be sure to test out the kiosk process in full all the way through on all machines!